How much does it cost?

All jobs are quoted on an individual basis and each task is charged according to risk and complexity.  In some cases, permission will be required from the CAA, ATC’s and NATS before work can begin.

From past experience, we have identified that videography requires a number of differing techniques to ensure that the client receives exactly what they are paying for.

Our prices are very competitive and, as a ‘Ball Park Figure’, we estimate that the cost to our clients would vary between £125.00 and £500.00 per day.  We are confident that we can beat any written quotation from a bona fide CAA approved UAV operator.

Is it safe?

Yes, we follow the guidelines laid down by the Civil Aviation Authority. With our Risk Assessment procedure, we are able to mitigate every possible hazard to eliminate any possible dangers before a flight is undertaken.  Each aircraft is flight tested by an inspector before we commence any operation.  A “Return to Home” function is built in to the aircraft as a safeguard to any unforeseen emergency.  Safety is our priority before, during and after each flight.

What is the difference between a UAV and a drone?

They mean the same, however, there are a number of different terms used to describe drones. The following abbreviations can be randomly substituted to represent them.


DRONE  –              Quadcopter, Hexacopter, Octocopter

ROV       –              Remotely Operated Vehicle

RPAS      –              Remote piloted aircraft system

SUA        –              Small unmanned aircraft

SUSA      –              Small unmanned surveillance aircraft

UAS        –              Unmanned Aircraft System

UAV       –              Unmanned Aerial Vehicle

More Acronyms and Abbreviations

ANO – Air Navigation Order
ATZ – Air Traffic Zone
ATCU – Air Traffic Control Unit
ALARP – As Low As Reasonably Possible
CAA – Civil Aviation Authority
CTZ – Control Traffic Zone
EASA – European Aviation Safety Agency
FPV – First Person View
GCS – Ground Control Station
HSE – Health and Safety Executive
HIRTA – High Intensity Radio-frequency Transmission Area
ICAO – International Civil Aviation Authority
MAA – Military Aviation Authority
MATZ – Military Air Traffic Zone
MC – Master Controller
MOD – Ministry of Defence
MOR – Mandatory Occurrence Reporting
NATS – National Air Traffic Service
NOTAM – Notice to Airmen
PfCO – Permission for Commercial Operations
RPA – Remotely Piloted Aircraft
RPAS – Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems
RTH – Return to Home
SUA – Small Unmanned Aircraft
SUSA – Small Unmanned Surveillance Aircraft
UAS – Unmanned Aircraft System
UAV – Unmanned Aircraft Vehicle
VLOS – Visual Line of Sight

What precautions should I take when employing the use of a Drone Operator?

In the event of an accident or serious incident being caused by an illegal drone operator, the following precautions will help protect you from making an unwise choice that could cost you thousands of pounds should there be a claim.

Ensure you use a qualified Civil Aviation Authority Pilot with PfCO certification. Click here for the CAA Website.

Ensure that the Company you use are a member of the DroneSafe Register. Click here for the DroneSafe Register.

Ensure that the Data Protection Act is addressed by operators being ICO registered. Click here for the ICO recommendations for the public.

Ensure that the company has Liability Insurance, we have £5 million Public Liability Insurance.

We will provide copies of the above certification for your inspection before work begins.

Does the weather affect filming?

Yes, UAV’s are dependent on weather conditions.  They do not fly well in rain, fog, or snow and are restricted by wind speeds over and above 25mph. If a visit is planned and the weather changes, we will reschedule the appointment, in conjunction with the client, to a more convenient date.

What is the range of the UAV?

All qualified Civil Aviation Authority Pilots are able to fly at a maximum height of 400 feet and 500 metres horizontally by Visual Line of Sight (VLOS).  This allows filming in areas that larger aircraft (helicopters) cannot access.

Can you fly indoors?

Yes, we are equally comfortable flying indoors as well as outdoors.

Can you fly at night?

Yes, we have special certification from the Civil Aviation Authority to fly at night.